Posao na Brodu > Cruise Ship Jobs Forum (English Language Only)

Looking for a new career. How difficult will it be?

(1/2) > >>

dzabawa:
I have owned my own business for the past 22 years. I am looking for a career change and looking to work for a cruise company.  I have had intense customer service and managemen experience. 

How difficult is it going to be to obtain a position on a cruise liner?  I been looking at differant web sites and probably looking to do cruise staff working with people or a corporate trainer.  Any suggestions in regard to the possibility and also which company I should look at would be appreciated. 

Thanks

Dennis ::yes::

Seaman:

--- Quote from: dzabawa on 19/March/2009 ---I have owned my own business for the past 22 years. I am looking for a career change and looking to work for a cruise company.  I have had intense customer service and managemen experience. 

How difficult is it going to be to obtain a position on a cruise liner?  I been looking at differant web sites and probably looking to do cruise staff working with people or a corporate trainer.  Any suggestions in regard to the possibility and also which company I should look at would be appreciated. 

Thanks

Dennis ::yes::

--- End quote ---

First of all,you need to check your age...if u r in frame,that's fine,but atleast not older than 38.
If you are an us citizen,you have a lot of opportunities just because of your citizenship!
More or less,you can choose any possition within hotel dept.,whatsoever,deck department doesn't come in this groupe.
Just simply go to www.cast-a-way.com,sign up,they should contact you,and it's easier for you because you are able to avoid contact with agencies...so,
good luck!

dzabawa:
Thank you for your response.  You asked my age.  I will be 45 at the end of the month.  I am looking to make this a permanent career change though. I like to work people and enjoy traveling.  My main reason though is to stay away from the 9-5 job.  I am not looking for a job, I am looking for a future!.   :yahoo:

Seaman:

--- Quote from: dzabawa on 19/March/2009 ---Thank you for your response.  You asked my age.  I will be 45 at the end of the month.  I am looking to make this a permanent career change though. I like to work people and enjoy traveling.  My main reason though is to stay away from the 9-5 job.  I am not looking for a job, I am looking for a future!.   :yahoo:

--- End quote ---

i just said for our domestic age frame is about 35,but who knows,maybe they'll take you,for you,americans,it's piece of cake,belive me!

CEO:

--- Quote from: dzabawa on 19/March/2009 ---
 My main reason though is to stay away from the 9-5 job. 
I am not looking for a job, I am looking for a future!.   :yahoo:

--- End quote ---

You will get away from the 9-5 job, but only for a while.
Nobody stays on the ship for too long, it is too demanding.
The only nationals staying for a life there are filipinos, thai, and indians.
Nevertheless, once on the ship, life may take you somewhere else ...  :deda:  ::yes::

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version