Author Topic: RCCL Pool Attendant. Please describe it in details....  (Read 2221 times)

Offline rostuk

• Registered
    • View Profile
Hello guys !

I would like to ask you about Pool Attendant job in RCL.
How hard is it ? What is the worst part in that job ? What is th daily schedule for this position ? Is there a chance to go outside ? Is there night shift?
Please describe it in details....

I already have my LOE and don't know refuse it or accept.

P.S. Please, answer in English because I'm not local.

I appreciate your answers !

Offline CEO

• Administrator
  • Registered
  • Chief Executive Officer
    • View Profile
Hi.

Forum members from Royal are mostly assistant waiters and waiters, I don't remember reading from pool attendants.
You are concerned about how hard is it? That's difficult to say. If you need a job badly enough, "hard" becomes easy.

Have you got no work experience at all? If you have, you should try applying for a better paid job, like waiter, assistant waiter ..
Odavno ne plovim. Sve odgovore pronađite na forumu.
http://youtu.be/gABS8a4wm9o (door=forum, ja Morpheus ti Neo)

Offline rostuk

• Registered
    • View Profile
I do have a big experience in housekeeping, including housekeeping supervisor on the land-based job and stateroom steward on NCL.

I was selected for assistant stateroom attendant in RCCL, but a few months later I was told that those position doesn't exist any more. And they offered me pool attendant. The main point is if I refuse LOE, then I have to wait a year to apply again. And here in Ukraine we don't have much interviews for cruise line.

I have already passed my medical and payed big enough money for that.  After that I came to know that I made bad choice.

Offline Vlado487

• Cruise Ship Veteran
  • Registered
    • View Profile
What about salary on that position?

Offline rostuk

• Registered
    • View Profile
it's only 800usd.... Better than nothing anyway. Cause for now I'm jobless.  But I have doubts if I can survive there 8 months....on such position.

Offline Vlado487

• Cruise Ship Veteran
  • Registered
    • View Profile
Acording what i know about that positions when i worked for Carnival, there was'nt that type position abord ''Pool atendent'', only ''Deck steward'' with 600$ dollars salary, also with 3 ''Pool supervizors'' aboard...

Offline rostuk

• Registered
    • View Profile
Acording what i know about that positions when i worked for Carnival, there was'nt that type position abord ''Pool atendent'', only ''Deck steward'' with 600$ dollars salary, also with 3 ''Pool supervizors'' aboard...

How was the job for you ? Is it very hard or can survive ?

Offline Vlado487

• Cruise Ship Veteran
  • Registered
    • View Profile
I was in Restaurant department, but i know the girl from my town, she worked on that position, and she say it was not hard for her but the salary was low...

Offline rostuk

• Registered
    • View Profile
Thanks for answers guy ! Hopefully somebody else will reply... It's time to buy ticket and I don't know what to do...Reject or accept.

Also I have a question about NCL. I worked there as a stateroom.  Now they ask me to come back, ready to send me ticket. But I don't want to join as steward again. Cause that job was real hell... Does anybody know what is the procedure to come back in other position ? Will it be OK if say to NCL  that I don't want to be steward and ask another position ?

Offline CEO

• Administrator
  • Registered
  • Chief Executive Officer
    • View Profile
Will it be OK if say to NCL  that I don't want to be steward and ask another position ?

I would give that chance 0.1-0.2%

They can chose from hundreds of other candidates, from about 50 other countries in the world ...
Odavno ne plovim. Sve odgovore pronađite na forumu.
http://youtu.be/gABS8a4wm9o (door=forum, ja Morpheus ti Neo)

Offline rostuk

• Registered
    • View Profile
I would give that chance 0.1-0.2%

They can chose from hundreds of other candidates, from about 50 other countries in the world ...

Yeah, I thought the same...

So many doubts about Pool Attendant... Be or not to be :)

Offline Vlado487

• Cruise Ship Veteran
  • Registered
    • View Profile
You need to accept the fact you are not in position to ask anything from them...

With your shipboard expirience you can get only that type of positions...

But you can also start like asst waiter in other Cruise Companies, just change CV, or try with River Companies...

But things are relative, if you are wise, beautify your CV and story on some inbterview and try with something diferent...

Cheers mate  :uzdravlje: