Author Topic: Cruise Ship Job - Medical department  (Read 44883 times)

Online CEO

• Administrator
  • Registered
  • Chief Executive Officer
    • View Profile
Cruise Ship Job - Medical department
« on: 20/August/2007 »
Medical department

The medical department offers the following job positions: Chief Doctor/Physician, Doctor/Physician and Registered Nurse. The department usually consists of one or two doctors and anywhere from one to four nurses depending on the on board facilities. Aboard cruise ships doing world cruises or remote itineraries, the need for a full surgical staff and a dentist may be more common. Medical staff is either hired directly by cruise line medical departments or through concessionaire companies servicing their line.

Chief Doctor / Physician (oversees the entire shipboard medical facilities, treatment mostly to passengers and sometimes crew, if required). Current license, extensive experience with cardiac and primary care, trauma, internal, and emergency medicine required. Two to three years in subordinate positions on board ships required. Diploma from an accredited medical school and fluent English Language skills required. Salary range: $4800-6400 U.S. per month, depending on the cruise line.

Doctor / Physician ( treatment mostly to crew members and sometimes passengers, if required). Current license, extensive experience with cardiac and primary care, trauma, internal, and emergency medicine required. Diploma from an accredited medical school and fluent English Language skills required. Salary range: $4000-5200 U.S. per month, depending on the cruise line. Possibilities for promotion to Chief Doctor.

Registered Nurse (treatment to passengers and crew). Diploma from accredited nursing school with a minimum of two years recent hospital experience required. Experience with cardiac care, trauma, internal medicine and fluent English Language skills required. Salary range: $2200-2900 U.S. per month, depending on the cruise line.
Odavno ne plovim. Sve odgovore pronađite na forumu.
http://youtu.be/gABS8a4wm9o (door=forum, ja Morpheus ti Neo)

ana

Re: Cruise Ship Job - Medical department
« Reply #1 on: 20/August/2007 »

Sto se tice medicinskih sestara jako je tesko ponekad i nemoguce. U Hrvatskoj ne postoji ama bas niko ko radi na njihovom ukrcaju vec direktno miami tj Dr Carlos Gonzalez bar na kompanijama kojima sam ja radila a to su Oceania Cruises,Celebrity,Royal Carib...
Radila sam jos i na Festival cruises koji vise ne postoji to je sada MSC i nemam pojma kako to tamo ide vjerujem preko talijana i Pullmantour koji nebi preporucila ni najgorem neprijatelju (placa radni uvjeti i sve ostalo je shit!!!)

Kad sam se ja ukrcavala na royal imala sam dug put. Kad kazem dug mislim na to da mi je 4 godine trebalo da se ukrcam.
Prvo su mi trazili minimalno godinu dana iskustva na hitnoj pomoci ili intenzivnoj njezi sto sam srecom imala,onda sam morala napravit ispit iz Advanced Cardiac Life Support(ACLS) i Basic Life Support (BLS) bez kojeg nema sanse da se itko ukrca.
Apsurd je sto kod nas ne postoji ni ta mogucnost. A sto kod nas i postoji?
Naime to se polaze negdje u grckoj a ja sam polozila u italiji. E sad kad smo do italije i to cu napomenuti...
U vrijeme kad sam se ja ukrcavala nisu primali med sestre ove nase sa balkana. Kao opekli se sa rumunjima i odjednom opalili embargo,tako da sam morala otic u italiju radit tamo 6 mjeseci i polagat njihov drzavni ispit. Eto tako sam se ja konacno ukrcala.
Sve ovo nije ni bilo tako davno jer sam radila na festivalu, pullmantouru i italiji cekajuci ukrcaj na slavni royal koji mi je upalio prije otprilike 3 godine. Ali svejedno vjerujem da su se uvjeti od tada promjenili. Ja to ne znam jer sad sam sretna majka sa lijepim uspomenama pomorskog zivota.
Sretno svima, brod je ipak jedno lijepo iskustvo ako ga ne shvatite previse ozbiljno

Online CEO

• Administrator
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29/November/2007 »
Prvi izvor:

Nurses must be registered with at least three years of hospital experience.
They, just like the ship's doctor, are on call twenty-four hours for walk-in 

treatment of passengers' minor aches and pains. They also attend to the crew, accounting for the majority of emergency care that is required on board. Because crew members are the ones working with the ship's equipment, running on slippery decks, lifting heavy trays, and working around hot ovens, they are the ones who succumb to the most accidents.
Knowledge of a second language and Advanced Cardiac Life Support certification is highly desired for nursing positions.
Physicians should have experience with trauma, cardiac care and internal medicine.
Contracts are usually for six months and pay is salary-based.

Drugi izvor:

The medical department of a cruise ship offers the following job positions: Chief Doctor/Physician, Doctor/Physician and Registered Nurse. The department usually consists of one or two doctors and anywhere from one to four nurses depending on the onboard facilities.
Aboard ships doing world cruises or remote itineraries, the need for a full surgical staff and a dentist may be more common.
Medical staff is either hired directly by cruise line medical departments or through concessionaire companies servicing their line.

Chief Doctor/Physician (oversees the entire shipboard medical facilities, treatment mostly to passengers and sometimes crew, if required).
Current license, extensive experience with cardiac and primary care, trauma, internal, and emergency medicine required.
Two to three years in subordinate positions on board ships required.
Diploma from an accredited medical school and fluent English Language skills required.
Salary range: $4800-6400 U.S. per month, depending on the cruise line.

Doctor/Physician ( treatment mostly to crew members and sometimes passengers, if required).
Current license, extensive experience with cardiac and primary care, trauma, internal, and emergency medicine required.
Diploma from an accredited medical school and fluent English Language skills required.
Salary range: $4000-5200 U.S. per month, depending on the cruise line.
Possibilities for promotion to Chief Doctor.

Registered Nurse (treatment to passengers and crew).
Diploma from accredited nursing school with a minimum of two years recent hospital experience required. Experience with cardiac care, trauma, internal medicine and fluent English Language skills required.
Salary range: $2200-2900 U.S. per month, depending on the cruise line.

Online CEO

• Administrator
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04/December/2007 »
Evo konacno odgovora za one koji traze posao medicinara na luksuznim putnickim brodovima.
Pravac u Varnu.

http://www.gamesplus-bg.net/

Vrlo informativna stranica kaze:

GAMES PLUS BG is a Bulgarian based company with extensive experience in pre-selection screening and providing the highest quality recruits to luxury cruise ships around the globe. We invite you to spend a few moments discovering how GAMES PLUS BG can assist you...

dragonfly

« Reply #4 on: 20/February/2008 »
Evo ja sam malo pogledala na netu i ima stranica gdje mozes aplicirati direktno po pozicijama.  Vjerujem da ce oni pribliziti mogucnosti, a intervju uvijek mozes odraditi telefonski.
Evo link:

http://www.cruiselinejob.com/medical.htm

pzdrv

Online CEO

• Administrator
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20/February/2008 »
A jesi probao sa ovima iz Varne? Izvidi stvar sa e-mailom ako se bojis nazvati.
Ali prije toga svakako moras rijesiti one certifikate koje traze.

Doc

« Reply #6 on: 20/February/2008 »
Hvala na savjetima. Kaj se tice ovih certifikata ja sam zainteresiran da ih sto prije polozim, ali ne znam gdje se moze uopce polagati. Ak neko zna neka mi javi, ja idem dalje u istrazivanje...

Hvala...

Doc

« Reply #7 on: 21/February/2008 »
Upravo sam se cuo sa ovim bugarima. Na zalost ne mogu mi pomoci...... ;) ;)

Online CEO

• Administrator
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 22/February/2008 »
Upravo sam se cuo sa ovim bugarima. Na zalost ne mogu mi pomoci...... ;) ;)

zbog cega?

Doc

« Reply #9 on: 22/February/2008 »
Ne znam, kontaktirao sam ih mailom i odgovorili su mi da mi na zalost ne mogu pomoci. S druge strane zvao sam gospodju Suzanu u Rijeku i ona mi je rekla da mi niti ona ne moze pomoci, ali da je cula da na brodove primaju samo americke medicinare. To mi je glupo jer sto je onda sa kompanijama koje nisu americke. Na stranici Norweigian cruisa procitao sam da su otvoreni za sve. Poslao sam im mail, ali se jos ne javljaju. Sve vise gubim nadu da je ovo uopce moguce..... ;D

Offline bluedolphin

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 22/February/2008 »
  za doca

evo pitao sam nasu agenticu, ona zna Minu Yi iz NCL-a  evo njen mail: myi@ncl.com, ona je HR manager

Doc

« Reply #11 on: 22/February/2008 »
Hvala poslat cu joj mail....  :D

Offline dadada

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 22/February/2008 »
Dragi Doc,
evo ti mail jednog naseg covika na Carnivalu, on ti je doduse direktor svih hotelskih operacija za Carnival, zove se Natko Nincevic, to ti je velika faca tamo. Posalji mu mail, moga bi ti on pomoci. A sto se tice EP-a iz Zg, Sinisa ti je njegov vjencani kum, pa cisto sumnjam da ti ne bi moga pomoci da se ukrcas, il bar sa savjetom sta i kako. Da mu ponudis 500 € za to viruj mi pomoga bi ti. Al o tom potom. Poznajem jos neke ljude, probat cu doci do njih. Jedan ti je bas doktor na Carnivalu, iz Beograda je, al zivi u Juznoj Africi, pa ako dodjem do njega. Ima jos nekih... Al istodobno bi ti bilo dobro da probas sa stipendijom za USA, primit ce te odmah. Raspitam se u moje prijateljice, zivi tamo..pa ti posaljem...Puno, puno srece.

NATKO@carnival.com

Doc

« Reply #13 on: 22/February/2008 »
Hvala puno.... obratiti cu se navedenim osobama pa se javim....... :D

Online CEO

• Administrator
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 23/February/2008 »
Doc, bogati jucer si se poceo raspitivati, i vec "gubis nadu" ...  =""
Nada je jedina stvar koja ti je i potrebna.