Posao na Brodu > Cruise Ship Jobs Forum (English Language Only)

Life at Sea - Q&A

(1/4) > >>

CEO:
Hello there!

As a veteran with 7 years at sea, I am opening this forum for everybody interested to learn more about life and work for a major cruise lines in the world.
I am spending a lot of time online, so if you have any question - shoot, and I will respond.

:plovim:

Hellena2009:
Hello, What do u think about a ass crew purser job do u think is ok or is too much work??????? thaks for ure reply

CEO:

--- Quote from: Hellena2009 on 28/December/2008 ---Hello, What do u think about a ass crew purser job do u think is ok or is too much work??????? thaks for ure reply

--- End quote ---

Not bad at all.
You do not have much choices if you dont have strong background in Hotel, and you want to persue purser's career.
You have to start somewhere.

nlcentralchmps03:
Hello.

First post here. I'm 18 years old, but am seriously considering a cruise line job in a few years, after I graduate college. I haven't really decided what position I want to focus on. I am considering youth programs, purser (I am thinking about majoring in resort management/hospitality), or part of the CD staff.

Any thoughts on what I should looking into doing in regards to being apart of youth programs. What do they look for in background, etc?

Also, any other thoughts/comments are appreciated.

CEO:

--- Quote from: nlcentralchmps03 on 12/February/2009 ---
Any thoughts on what I should looking into doing in regards to being apart of youth programs.
What do they look for in background, etc?

--- End quote ---

You will be asked about experience in working with kids, if you have any.
Feel free to blow your cv out of proportions, as they do not bother to look into it.
What gets you through the interview is your communication skills. The more you talk, the better your chances are.

In some companies, youth programs staff is very close to purser's job, they work very closely.
Princess also hire Youth security, which is a great option too.

Good Luck  :uzdravlje:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version