Author Topic: Please, give me some info's... :)  (Read 4705 times)

Offline Metzi

• Registered
    • View Profile
Please, give me some info's... :)
« on: 03/July/2010 »
Hello to everyone here...

I really want to go on a cruiser to work on, but I am low at experience of how a cruiser works, so I am here to get some advices from you... My Croatian is bad, but, I can live with it. :)
My English is fluent, on both fields - speaking and writing and I don't have any problems with it. I know a basic Spanish, also.

I had 6 months of a bartender experience.
I had experience as a radio-host, 2 years, I worked on the marketing field for the local NGO, and also went on meetings with CEO's. I have good communication and management skills, as I was vice-president and a project coordinator for the local NGO. I held up some quite good presentations in front of 100+ people.
Also, I have some experience in photography.

I am 21 years old, and I want to go on a cruiser, to work. What do you think? Which position is best suited for me? And on which Cruiser line to go?

Offline CEO

• Administrator
  • Registered
  • Chief Executive Officer
    • View Profile
Re: Please, give me some info's... :)
« Reply #1 on: 03/July/2010 »
Why don't u try at Kouzon, it's right up your alley (Skopje) here's link http://www.kouzoncorporation.com/cruise-ship-employment/site-new/index.html

U should probably try bar waiter's job, but be prepared to answer questions involving international cocktails and drinks.
If u fail at Kouzon, resort to Belgrade's agency SafeCruise.
Your Spanish is a big plus.

When it comes to what company to join, leave it for agencies to choose, it shouldn't matter to u. Maybe for your 2nd contract that might matter.

:uzdravlje:
Odavno ne plovim. Sve odgovore pronađite na forumu.
http://youtu.be/gABS8a4wm9o (door=forum, ja Morpheus ti Neo)

Offline Metzi

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20/July/2010 »
Why don't u try at Kouzon, it's right up your alley (Skopje) here's link http://www.kouzoncorporation.com/cruise-ship-employment/site-new/index.html

U should probably try bar waiter's job, but be prepared to answer questions involving international cocktails and drinks.
If u fail at Kouzon, resort to Belgrade's agency SafeCruise.
Your Spanish is a big plus.

When it comes to what company to join, leave it for agencies to choose, it shouldn't matter to u. Maybe for your 2nd contract that might matter.

:uzdravlje:

Tnx... :)

Offline gryedouge

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14/September/2010 »
Hello to everyone here...

I really want to go on a cruiser to work on, but I am low at experience of how a cruiser works, so I am here to get some advices from you... My Croatian is bad, but, I can live with it. :)
My English is fluent, on both fields - speaking and writing and I don't have any problems with it. I know a basic Spanish, also.

I had 6 months of a bartender experience.
I had experience as a radio-host, 2 years, I worked on the marketing field for the local NGO, and also went on meetings with CEO's. I have good communication and management skills, as I was vice-president and a project coordinator for the local NGO. I held up some quite good presentations in front of 100+ people.
Also, I have some experience in photography.

I am 21 years old, and I want to go on a cruiser, to work. What do you think? Which position is best suited for me? And on which Cruiser line to go?

Hello there,

I wrote a blog article a long time ago (http://gryedouge.blogspot.com/2008/05/cruise-line-employment-few-thoughts.html) it might give you some ideas. From reading your post, i would suggest you look at the Cruise Staff departments - host, or Front Desk as a receptionist/guest services associate for a position, and work your way up from there. Dont go bar or restuarant. You have talent, experience and valuable skills and that would be wasted elsewhere.

I would suggest appplying directly to the cruise line, if possible, if not then make use of an agency.

If you have any more questions, then please feel to ask.