Author Topic: Mermaid Group  (Read 10971 times)

Offline CEO

• Administrator
  • Registered
  • Chief Executive Officer
    • View Profile
Odavno ne plovim. Sve odgovore pronađite na forumu.
http://youtu.be/gABS8a4wm9o (door=forum, ja Morpheus ti Neo)

Offline Fox

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: Mermaid Group
« Reply #1 on: 01/March/2011 »
Evo poslao aplikaciju kad je Sef ovo okacio i evo sta sam dobio kao odgovor:

Dear XXXXX

I’m pleased to say that you are amongst the short listed candidates for the position.   

The next stage will be to request a test from a testing company acting on behalf of the client. If successful, a telephone and then face to face interview and references will be arranged. The final interviews will now be held in 4 weeks, with the successful candidates travelling 9 weeks later to join the ship in Palma, Majorca. The contract is a six month renewable contract and you will have between 6 and 8 weeks holiday in between contracts, so please make sure that you are happy with that. This has to be a career that you are committed to doing because of the costs involved to our client. It would cause a great deal of inconvenience if you changed your mind nearer the time.

Have a good read through our Q & A ' s  http://www.mermaid-group.co.uk/faqs.htm  in case there are certain aspects that may not suit you.

You can now register for the applicant area by going to www.mermaid-group.co.uk  You will find all the documents required to obtain your C1D visa, seaman’s card and medical.

Please go to www.mermaid-group.co.uk/pack.php and enter voucher code XXXXXX to give you access to a 20% discount on the comprehensive cruise ship book provided in association with E-learning.

As well as giving you detailed information on the cruise industry and what to look out for in psychometric tests, your download will help cover the fee we pay the company that carries out the test.

The information provided in this detailed job book will also give you a head start over other applicants that may be applying for this job elsewhere and give you detailed information on every cruise line as well as a complete directory of cruise line contact names and email addresses. Please do not share the code as it is for short listed applicants only. Once you have downloaded the guide please enter the job pack guide No into the subject box and return to me via email. If it is downloaded on your behalf then please ensure that you reply via your email address with the reference.

I will then arrange for the testing company to send out the test. It is not compulsory, but due to the cost to us of each test, it will give you priority over other applications.

Kind regards

Pa me zanima vase misljenje,da li je ovo neka navlakusa da se kupi ova knjiga ili je ozbiljan poziv za interview???

peanutz

« Reply #2 on: 01/March/2011 »
"After applying for a job on a cruise ship I was asked to download an pyschometric test for the sum of £20. Up until this time my application was accepted with my CV uploaded and I was then shortlisted. On their reccomendation I bought and downloaded their pyschometric test with the believe I would have a better chance of getting a cruise ship job with them.
Today I was emailed to be informed I did not pass the test. I feel I have been misled in to buying their product and think it is possible that others have done this and the Mermaid Group could be just making money out of the public.
They also advertise a book at £25 which explains the test, but I do not believe
it would of made any difference to my outcome."

Scam!

Offline CEO

• Administrator
  • Registered
  • Chief Executive Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01/March/2011 »
Ja sam postavio link jer mi se stranice čine vrlo profesionalno napravljene, i dobro su rangirani na Googlu, ali ako traže pare za knjigu, to nikako nije dobar znak.  no;;;
Odavno ne plovim. Sve odgovore pronađite na forumu.
http://youtu.be/gABS8a4wm9o (door=forum, ja Morpheus ti Neo)

Offline Paulie1981

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15/March/2011 »
The Mermaid group are a legitimate company. I work on the freedom of the seas as a photographer and was helped by Ann Powell.
They did charge for an information pack but it was not compulsory.  I think they sell this not to make money but to hire the people who were most serious about the job. They are only a small family run business but the 3 people I spoke to all had previous experience of working on cruise ships and helped me obtain my job. The hours are a bit longer than I thought but great fun in the Bahamas!