Author Topic: Online prijava za Carnival - Shipboard Information Systems Manager  (Read 6708 times)

Offline CEO

• Administrator
  • Registered
  • Chief Executive Officer
    • View Profile
http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Fun_Jobs/Shipboard-Information_Systems.aspx

Shipboard Information Systems Manager

Shipboard Information Systems Manager (I/S Manager) is an onboard officer that works with ALL onboard departments and shoreside personnel to ensure operation and maintenance of the revenue and guest tracking systems. Manages the shipboard systems and communicates to management regarding the systems availability. The I/S Manager is responsible for adhering to internal controls, data security, daily and weekly reporting, hardware inventory and daily operations. Ensures 24-hour, seven days a week operation needs for all systems and support is met. Operates, maintains and monitors all approved shipboard computer systems. The I/S Manager works with all shipboard officers and staff on providing technical support services in approved areas. Maintains and coordinates the repair of hardware. Works with arriving vendors and shoreside staff on hardware repair and software upgrades. Applicants are required to have a valid passport with all appropriate Visas prior to being accepted for this position.

This is a 6-month on, 6-weeks off, live aboard position. This includes 24-hour on-call support when onboard, in addition to daily responsibilities.
Two I/S Managers are usually assigned to our larger ships. When two I/S Managers are on board, the responsibilities of the position are split between both I/S Managers. On the smaller ships and during new ship build projects, usually only one I/S Manager will be assigned to a ship.

Due to the limited space on board, it is usually necessary to share a cabin.

The I/S Manager is responsible to ensure the shipboard computer systems supporting guest services are fully operational. Systems are to be supported so that there is no impact on guest services. In addition, the I/S Manager supports and maintains the back office PCs used by the departments on board. The I/S Manager performs 1st, 2nd and 3rd level support to the onboard users. The I/S Manager is remotely supported by I/S groups shoreside, specialized in the different systems.

Shipboard computer systems encompass: Bar Register network; within the Unix System: point-of-sale, on-board credit and guest tracking; PC network of Windows 95 and NT and related peripherals; NT/2000 server; NT/2000 Exchange email server; guest security system; guest door lock system and other proprietary software/systems.

As an officer, the I/S Manager is expected to act accordingly and must adhere to all shipboard rules and regulations, as well as dress code.
The I/S Manager reports directly to the ship's Hotel Manager, as well as the Supervisor of I/S Fleet Operations.

Requirements: Associate Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience, excellent written and verbal skills a must, knowledge of systems/programs: Unix, MS Outlook, MS Office, Lotus, Win 3.X, Win9X, WinNT (workstation & server), Win2000 (professional & server), troubleshooting and repair of PC/printer hardware.
Odavno ne plovim. Sve odgovore pronađite na forumu.
http://youtu.be/gABS8a4wm9o (door=forum, ja Morpheus ti Neo)

Offline wifi

• Registered
    • View Profile
Have called me for the first interview 4 weeks ago...

they have told me this

if found suitable in comparison to the remaining candidates – they will arrange a follow-up interview with you during the next two or three weeks to test your technical skills.

4 weeks have already passed...
Do you think they have discarded me?

How does the recruitment work?

:hehe: