Author Topic: Info about working for Disney Cruise Line  (Read 7725 times)

Offline Crew

• Registered
    • View Profile
Info about working for Disney Cruise Line
« on: 05/October/2011 »
Hello,

I was wondering if you have some info about working in Disney Cruise Line, because i have a few questions i'll thank you for your answer in advance.

If the position is with Officer Privileges  (Not sharing a Cabin), do you know how is the cabin look like, do you have any photo?

If the contract is 4 months onboard - 2 months off, has they pay the same rate when the 2 months off as onboard?

Is it regular issue to change the vessel assignement during contract?

Is it worth the  to work for DCL in global meanings, rather than other companies (Carnival, Royal Caribbean, Cunard...)

Thanks again to all

Offline Crew

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: info about working in Disney Cruise Line
« Reply #1 on: 05/October/2011 »
Hello,

Apart from the quesions i asked before, there is one that i think i know the answer from some webs i viewed, But i would like an answer from people that knows it first hand.

Does Disney Cruise Line pay when you are in vacation?

(If you get a contract for 6 months - 4 months onboard, 2 months off), do they pay something when you are in the 2 months off period?

Thanks

Offline CEO

• Administrator
  • Registered
  • Chief Executive Officer
    • View Profile
Re: info about working in Disney Cruise Line
« Reply #2 on: 05/October/2011 »
Cabin.
There are levels of officer's privileges, and they measure according to how many stripes you have (1, 1.5, 2, 2.5 and so on)
More stripes you have, better cabin you'll have.
f&B and technical officers have cabins at deck 1, they are 2-3 sizes larger that "normal" crew cabins, and most of them have non-opening windows or at least portholes.
If you take a look at the deck plan, notice empty gray area of deck 1 midship. That is where most lower officers cabins are located. Senior and above 3 stripes are located at upper decks.
Space-wise, if those cabins are located at the opposite side of guest's cabins, it can not be that bad, right?
I have no photo, maybe somebody here will help. To be able to tell you more, I would have to know specific job you are after.

If the contract is 4 months onboard - 2 months off, has they pay the same rate when the 2 months off as onboard?
Not sure. Probably not.

Is it regular issue to change the vessel assignment during contract?
Definitely. You might be moved to another ship in as much as 2 days notice. They just tell you that you don't work for ship, you work for company.
It does not happen that often though.

Is it worth to work for DCL in global meanings, rather than other companies (Carnival, Royal Caribbean, Cunard...)
I would say that does not matter much. If you would have several contracts in your hand, then ok, I would say DCL, but otherwise ... a ship is a ship, and your satisfaction with the company will depend only on how good personality your immediate supervisor has. The most important fact about your level of satisfaction with the company is probably your earnings, clearly & visibly written on your contract, along with contract's duration. 4-2 is great.

A good source of info is www.dcljobs.com and their FB page
Odavno ne plovim. Sve odgovore pronađite na forumu.
http://youtu.be/gABS8a4wm9o (door=forum, ja Morpheus ti Neo)