Author Topic: Looking for a new career. How difficult will it be?  (Read 6100 times)

Offline dzabawa

• Registered
    • View Profile
I have owned my own business for the past 22 years. I am looking for a career change and looking to work for a cruise company.  I have had intense customer service and managemen experience. 

How difficult is it going to be to obtain a position on a cruise liner?  I been looking at differant web sites and probably looking to do cruise staff working with people or a corporate trainer.  Any suggestions in regard to the possibility and also which company I should look at would be appreciated. 

Thanks

Dennis ::yes::

Offline Seaman

• Cruise Ship Veteran
  • Registered
    • View Profile
I have owned my own business for the past 22 years. I am looking for a career change and looking to work for a cruise company.  I have had intense customer service and managemen experience. 

How difficult is it going to be to obtain a position on a cruise liner?  I been looking at differant web sites and probably looking to do cruise staff working with people or a corporate trainer.  Any suggestions in regard to the possibility and also which company I should look at would be appreciated. 

Thanks

Dennis ::yes::

First of all,you need to check your age...if u r in frame,that's fine,but atleast not older than 38.
If you are an us citizen,you have a lot of opportunities just because of your citizenship!
More or less,you can choose any possition within hotel dept.,whatsoever,deck department doesn't come in this groupe.
Just simply go to www.cast-a-way.com,sign up,they should contact you,and it's easier for you because you are able to avoid contact with agencies...so,
good luck!
When it comes to money, nobody can be trusted !

Offline dzabawa

• Registered
    • View Profile
Thank you for your response.  You asked my age.  I will be 45 at the end of the month.  I am looking to make this a permanent career change though. I like to work people and enjoy traveling.  My main reason though is to stay away from the 9-5 job.  I am not looking for a job, I am looking for a future!.   :yahoo:

Offline Seaman

• Cruise Ship Veteran
  • Registered
    • View Profile
Thank you for your response.  You asked my age.  I will be 45 at the end of the month.  I am looking to make this a permanent career change though. I like to work people and enjoy traveling.  My main reason though is to stay away from the 9-5 job.  I am not looking for a job, I am looking for a future!.   :yahoo:

i just said for our domestic age frame is about 35,but who knows,maybe they'll take you,for you,americans,it's piece of cake,belive me!

Offline CEO

• Administrator
  • Registered
  • Chief Executive Officer
    • View Profile

My main reason though is to stay away from the 9-5 job. 
I am not looking for a job, I am looking for a future!.   :yahoo:

You will get away from the 9-5 job, but only for a while.
Nobody stays on the ship for too long, it is too demanding.
The only nationals staying for a life there are filipinos, thai, and indians.
Nevertheless, once on the ship, life may take you somewhere else ...  :deda:  ::yes::
Odavno ne plovim. Sve odgovore pronađite na forumu.
http://youtu.be/gABS8a4wm9o (door=forum, ja Morpheus ti Neo)

Offline Seaman

• Cruise Ship Veteran
  • Registered
    • View Profile
You will get away from the 9-5 job, but only for a while.
Nobody stays on the ship for too long, it is too demanding.
The only nationals staying for a life there are filipinos, thai, and indians.
Nevertheless, once on the ship, life may take you somewhere else ...  :deda:  ::yes::

it is true...i agree with you shefe

Offline dzabawa

• Registered
    • View Profile
Thanks for you words.  Any help and guidence that I can get is a benefit.  I did not know there were so many sites out there to find all this information out. 

I have only started, so I will not give up hope.  They say a bad day at sea is far better than a great day at work, well I want the chance to see and prove that. 

Again, any guidence that anyone can give me to obtain quick employment would be appreciated.  You may leave it here or email me at dennis.zabawa@yahoo.com.