Author Topic: IT department  (Read 3122 times)

Offline Tonchie

• Registered
    • View Profile
IT department
« on: 05/January/2013 »
Heya,

I just wanted to ask if anyone knows which are the requirements for DCL's IT department.
Right now I'm photographer at vacation so I was wondering if I can find out before I go back to the Magic.
If you can dream it, you can do it.

Offline natal

• Cruise Ship Veteran
  • Registered
    • View Profile
Re: IT department
« Reply #1 on: 05/January/2013 »
Well, you should ask somebody who is working in IT before sign off but never mind about that. I am also interested in IT and i put some research into that subject plus there are some people working in IT from this forum. One guy is on Disney.

He has a college degree and shore experience and he get the job, he said if you don't have college degree and no shore experience that you should have these certificates(CompTIA A+, N+, Server+, MCSA, CCENT, VCP5) but this is all a long shoot of course if there are candidates that have shore experience or worse ship experience. I was watching one add for IT on Costa for one week and already applied around 200 candidates for the job.

I think you should get also CCNA voice and some basic satellite certificates. Its easy to get if you have all above cert. :)

Good luck.

Offline Tonchie

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05/January/2013 »
Well, you should ask somebody who is working in IT before sign off but never mind about that. I am also interested in IT and i put some research into that subject plus there are some people working in IT from this forum. One guy is on Disney.

He has a college degree and shore experience and he get the job, he said if you don't have college degree and no shore experience that you should have these certificates(CompTIA A+, N+, Server+, MCSA, CCENT, VCP5) but this is all a long shoot of course if there are candidates that have shore experience or worse ship experience. I was watching one add for IT on Costa for one week and already applied around 200 candidates for the job.

I think you should get also CCNA voice and some basic satellite certificates. Its easy to get if you have all above cert. :)

Good luck.

I think I found what I was looking for over here http://www.inozemstvo-posao.com/smf_1-1-2_install/index.php?topic=2877.msg32169#msg32169

Anywayz, since I'm already photographer at Disney Magic, and I've been fixing computers and small networks in the past 10 years, I think I have the chances :)

Good luck.
Thank you :)
If you can dream it, you can do it.

Offline natal

• Cruise Ship Veteran
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05/January/2013 »
Well then good luck. :)

Why not to try apply from the shore?
I think you have better chances. One guy on this forum also said that interview on board is much harder.

Up to you in any case. I think you have very good chances. You also need to have some luck to get that job.

All the best.

Keep us informed if you don't mind.