Author Topic: Cruise Ship Security - entry level  (Read 44402 times)

Offline CaptainCrash

• Registered
    • View Profile
Cruise Ship Security - entry level
« on: 26/May/2009 »
Hi....I would like to apply for any position of security on the ship(any beginner position)?
Is there any person,or agency who could help me?
Where and how to try to apply?
I have 3,5 years experience in that field of job and i serve army on Ship,it was fantastic experience.I also posses license to carry a fire weapon on work place.
If any one could help me....please! :( :( :( :( :(

Online CEO

• Administrator
  • Registered
  • Chief Executive Officer
    • View Profile
Re: Cruise Ship Security - entry level
« Reply #1 on: 26/May/2009 »
Have you tried Seamarshals?

KNEELAND CONSULTING d.o.o. and ISSG-SeaMarshals are taking applications for positions as Sea Marshals for possible worldwide deployment:

Requirements:
1)   Age 25-50
2)   Completion of Military or Police Service (SWAT/Anti-terrorism / Special Forces / Airborne)
3)   Valid passport
4)   STCW Certification (Prefered)
5)   Seaman Book (Prefered)
6)   Valid medical examination for deployment (Prefered)
7)   Good Physical Condition (ability to pass physical testing)
8)   English conversational ability (Level 2)

Job Discription:
Sea Marshals are private Security Personnel that provide sea vessels with the proper security to prevent pirates at sea from boarding vessels and provide security for vessels while in anchored port.  Sea Marshals are deployed ON the vessels in order to provide our clients with the best possible security against theft, hijackings, and other criminal acts.

Deployment of Sea Marshals will be on board merchant and tanker vessels in the Gulf of Aden, Red Sea and along the east coast of Africa. Our Sea Marshals provide security for ships transiting the Gulf of Aden to destinations such as Dubai, UAE; Gizan, Saudi Arabia; Tanzania; Maldives Islands, Island of Comoros; and other destinations that clients may book with us.  Therefore employment requires the possibility of worldwide deployment to meet the needs of our clients.

We deploy 8 man teams per vessel utilizing “LESS LETHAL” methods to prevent the illegal boarding of vessels while anchored or underway. Each team is equipped with some of the most modern equipment for communications and protection. Uniforms and protective gear are provided for by us. ALL teams MUST go through initial in accordance with the STCW regulations and regular training in communications equipment (Dubai, UAE), use of force, unarmed self-defense, ship safety and security, use and maintenance of equipment and other subjects.  Each team is deployed for a minimum of 3 months and a maximum of 6 months before a rotation. After a deployment each employee will receive a 30 home stay.

Compensation:

All Sea Marshals start with a GROSS salary of $1,500.00 USD monthly with a performance based increase at the end of the standard 90 day trial period. ALL Travel / Lodging / meals during deployment will be provided for by the company.  Travel for Home Stays are also provided for by the company. All employees will be separately insured (Life/Health and Disability) by the company.  ONLY English applications will be considered. Send full English CV with photo to: miroslavarsenic@kneeland-consulting.com . Permanent employees are eligible to take part in the FSP (Family Support Program) to assist their families at home during the deployment.

**********************************************************************************

Radno mesto: Sea Marshal
Poslodavac: Kneelandconsulting
Rok konkursa: 1. jun 2009
Datum objave: 28. april 2009
Web adresa: http://www.kneeland-consulting.com
E-mail: miroslavarsenic@kneeland-consulting.com
Odavno ne plovim. Sve odgovore pronađite na forumu.
http://youtu.be/gABS8a4wm9o (door=forum, ja Morpheus ti Neo)

Offline sipesk

• Registered
    • View Profile
Odg: Cruise Ship Security - entry level
« Reply #2 on: 25/August/2009 »
Hi....I would like to apply for any position of security on the ship(any beginner position)?
I have 3,5 years experience in that field of job and i serve army on Ship,it was fantastic experience.I also posses license to carry a fire weapon on work place.

Hello!

I tried to apply for the company mentioned, but they are dealing with military personnel only. I have a police background and special forces experience and a few contracts as chief security officer on passenger ship. Can somebody recommend me a company or give some contacts?

Thank you!

email: kushta@abv.bg, skype: simo_bg3.

Online CEO

• Administrator
  • Registered
    • View Profile
Odg: Cruise Ship Security - entry level
« Reply #3 on: 25/August/2009 »
Try here:

Please reply in English only, sending your CV and a recent photo to:
Roberto Sorbi
P&O Princess Cruises BV (Swiss branch)
Corso San Gottardo 32
P.O. Box 1544
6830 Chiasso (TI)
Switzerland

Phone: +41 91 695 5160
Fax: +41 91 682 75 77

Email address: recruit@princesscruises.ch

Offline gryedouge

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14/September/2010 »

You need to first get a Ships Security Officers qualification before you start applying. This is one of the basic requirements. Some cruise lines will pay for additional courses but you would also need to get your STCW and certain other ship/maritime related courses done as well.

Online CEO

• Administrator
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 14/September/2010 »
You need to first get a Ships Security Officers qualification before you start applying. This is one of the basic requirements.

It might not always be the case.

When they need people, they tend to lower their standards.
Also, Princess regularly takes people that are quite low in security, like mall security, or traffic controllers, from India, Canada, US ... and if they get good at what they start to do onboard, Princess will send them to Warsash Maritime Academy in England, to get them certified for Chief Security Officer job.
It will also provide them with advanced firefighting course at the same time.

However, if a candidate wants to spend money to get himself certified in advance, it can only help, but can also get costly.

Offline gryedouge

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 16/September/2010 »
It might not always be the case.

When they need people, they tend to lower their standards.
Also, Princess regularly takes people that very quite low in security, like mall security, or traffic controllers, from India, Canada, US ... and if they get good at what they start to do onboard, Princess will send them to Warsash Maritime Academy IN England, to get them certified for Chief Security Officer job.
It will also provide them with advanced firefighting course at the same time.

However, if a candidate wants to spend money to get himself certified in advance, it can only help, but can also get costly.

Understood and agreed with, however, with NCL, they required that you do have a SSO course before you apply and police/investigative background. Our standards are a littler stricter, so it seems.

Online CEO

• Administrator
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 16/September/2010 »
Understood and agreed with, however, with NCL, they required that you do have a SSO course before you apply and police/investigative background. Our standards are a littler stricter, so it seems.

I don't think so. Any terrorist with a couple of k $ can go to England or USA and get SSO course in 3-5 days.
As for police/investigative background of a candidate for security job, I imagine it could easily be forged, and knowing how things work in cruise industry, I doubt Cruise companies would go the distance to contact foreign countries' police authorities or military regiments to investigate a candidate.

Offline gryedouge

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 16/September/2010 »
I don't think so. Any terrorist with a couple of k $ can go to England or USA and get SSO course in 3-5 days.
As for police/investigative background of a candidate for security job, I imagine it could easily be forged, and knowing how things work in cruise industry, I doubt Cruise companies would go the distance to contact foreign countries' police authorities or military regiments to investigate a candidate.

Not wanting to push the issue any further, i work in the onboard surveillance department and checks were done on me with my previous employer. like i said, each company has different approaches to the whole issue of hiring and training. NCL is a little stricter than most. All of our SSOs are either ex police from the UK/USA or ex Royal Navy.

anyway, what i am advising potential candidates is to get their SSO course done as it will improve thier chances of being hired and to be a little careful if not truthful on your resume/cv.

Online CEO

• Administrator
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 16/September/2010 »
I agree that candidates should educate as much as they can.
Just curious, did u know that Princess uses bulletproof doors at gangways while in port? Two LRADs on each ship as well.

Offline gryedouge

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 17/September/2010 »
Just curious, did u know that Princess uses bulletproof doors at gangways while in port? Two LRADs on each ship as well.

Princess cruising around Iraq and Afghanistan?  b00/

What is your itinerary? And no, i wasn't aware of that...our shell doors are thick enough. We dont have LRAD but our one ship has water cannons. We sail in the Med and around the USA and Europe...so unless there are Viking longboats around our chances of being attacked by pirates is almost non-existantal.

Terrorist attacks? well...that is something that we cannot see or predict. Our biggest problem on our ships is Spring Breakers..

Online CEO

• Administrator
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 17/September/2010 »
Princess got serious about security after this: http://www.cruisebruise.com/Michael_Groves.html
The SECO involved was hired through the same channel as Princess Cruises SECO's.

About the bulletproofed doors ... it is the separate doors that Sec. staff install as soon as ship touch the port and erect landing ramp.
You leave them open, but can shut them closed as soon as you reach the lever. Princess figures, it might be too long to wait for a "shell door party" to assemble if gangway security staff see somebody strapped with explosive running in. So they came up with this doors.
Major drag to put them on and off.

http://www.kruzeri.com/video/doors.flv

Offline popeye

• Registered
  • vozi misko...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 17/October/2010 »

Mama mia....
No.. You Capo... Me Capuccino

Offline krekman

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 21/December/2012 »
Hi...
few questions
does anybody in Croatia helps to get aboard for security positions?
how much  is salary?
When and how can I expect to move up  to a higher position?
any help I would appreciated...
tnx

Online CEO

• Administrator
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 21/December/2012 »
does anybody in Croatia helps to get aboard for security positions?

No.  :neceici: