Author Topic: MSC Vs Princess Cruise  (Read 9078 times)

Offline layla

• Cruise Ship Veteran
  • Registered
    • View Profile
MSC Vs Princess Cruise
« on: 15/January/2014 »
E pa ljudi ko ima iskustva da li moze da odgovori koja od ove dve kompanije je bolja..naravno vezano za shop department..Uzevsi u obzir uslove rada i primanja ostalo i nije toliko bitno... :busy:

Offline flyaway

• Cruise Ship Veteran
  • Registered
  • more then 4 contracts as a shop attendant on MSC
    • View Profile
Re: MSC Vs Princess Cruise
« Reply #1 on: 17/January/2014 »
E pa ljudi ko ima iskustva da li moze da odgovori koja od ove dve kompanije je bolja..naravno vezano za shop department..Uzevsi u obzir uslove rada i primanja ostalo i nije toliko bitno... :busy:

Princess Cruises definitivno !!! 

Offline layla

• Cruise Ship Veteran
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17/January/2014 »
hvalaa  :clapping:

Offline renii

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29/January/2014 »
Reci nam zasto je Princess bolji od Msc?

Offline flyaway

• Cruise Ship Veteran
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 29/January/2014 »
Reci nam zasto je Princess bolji od Msc?

MSC is family owned company, rules apply for somebody for the others rules do not apply.
The money on MSC are worse season after season, only few ships such as Splendida, Divina, Preziosa and maybe one more ship is making some good money, all the rest is not good at all like it was a year or two before.
The target for commission is getting unreachable, same money like on Princess but bigger bullshits.
Some supervisor embarks on MSC ship and the moment the supervisor embarks forget about all the rules in the standard procedure. If something gets broken, damaged or stolen (by the passengers or i don't know who) the team or some people need to pay for the lost, MSC doesn't care how the damage will be covered, if its covered its ok for them.
Working hours on MSC can reach 17 hours in a sea day with only two breaks of 30min for lunch and dinner.
Officers on MSC, well not all of them can brake your balls even if its not their business, for example the immigration officer can come in your shop and start to give you an opinion for some display and if the manager is not Italian (most of them from Romania) will come and just "lick the officer" balls because the manager got the position by licking balls and he knows that all the officers have some family connection with the office and even if you do your job the office will shit on your head....and many more differences.
Contracts now are 10 months, plus or minis 2. On a paper every assistant manager should train the new embarked people but in most of the cases that doesn't happen, people are learning on the way.
Things will change when MSC is not family owned but in the near future that will not happen.
For new year eve on the ship where i was there was nothing organized for the crew, for Christmas a party was organized few days later after the Christmas eve.
There is no social life on MSC, the training officer responsible for making the crew feel more comfortable is just playing a training officer... :waiting:

Offline dubica

• Cruise Ship Veteran
  • Registered
  • Screw You Guys I'm Going Home
    • View Profile
  • Company: CCL Costa NCL TUI Heinemann Gmbh..
« Reply #5 on: 29/January/2014 »
 The same situation on Costa Crociere Italian mafia cheape Italian guests and Costa Club Poor people !  :neee:  :facepalm:

Offline renii

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 30/January/2014 »
upravu si u dosta toga ali ipak vecina nas je na brodu zbog para i nebi se slozila s tim da samo splendida, preziosa, divina zaraduju ja sam bila na lirici gdje sam zaradivala 1800 eura na mjesec sad saam u africi gdje jos bolje da splendida je za januar uzela 3000 eura ali ipak 1800 za mene nije lose mozda za tebe jeste, mada nesto sumnjam da se ovaj iznos zaraduje na princess ako da ja cu odmah da se prijavim  -()-

Offline flyaway

• Cruise Ship Veteran
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 30/January/2014 »
upravu si u dosta toga ali ipak vecina nas je na brodu zbog para i nebi se slozila s tim da samo splendida, preziosa, divina zaraduju ja sam bila na lirici gdje sam zaradivala 1800 eura na mjesec sad saam u africi gdje jos bolje da splendida je za januar uzela 3000 eura ali ipak 1800 za mene nije lose mozda za tebe jeste, mada nesto sumnjam da se ovaj iznos zaraduje na princess ako da ja cu odmah da se prijavim  -()-

The main reason i stayed so long on MSC were the money, but if a person stays for a long period of time onboard (i also mean the repeating contracts) u get fed up with the bullshits over there.

I always calculate average income for the duration of the all contract (6 months or now minimum 8), not like wow this month i took a lot of money and the rest of the months its not even close enough. Maybe some months the money will be good(minimum 1400eur) but the next few months it can go low as 750/900eur.

African season this year is really bad on MSC Opera compared to the previous. Maybe u are on MSC Sinfonia but in general the season is worse compared to the last.
The commission is fixed in South Africa 2,5% this season 2013/2014.  
In 7 days (maybe 2 cruises in 7 days period) the shop assistant commission was 200/250 dollars.
In total with the salary (780 dollars) maybe after converting them in Euros is around 1200.
The average working hours per week is 70 (70x4=280 working hours per month /1200 euro's total income per month = average 4,3 euro's per hour )

I have worked on a ship class Musica , Fantasia and Lirica class and its worse then before, a lot of new embarked people without any experience.
The experienced people that maybe i didn't like to hang around after work but really really good workers left MSC because of the many bullshits over there.
I got info from some colleagues from Brazil and they are saying that the money are not like before.
MSC Poesia did usd 1500 for the month of December 2013 (salary plus commission) a month that should be the best in the whole season.

A new person on MSC that used to work for starboard, Mr David, head of the MSC shop division is implementing most of the things from Starboard, also the salaries and commissions will be under supervision.

On Princess for example after working 5/10/15/20 years for the company the person gets some attention from the company such as a photo with the captain , some small gifts (doesn't matter what its the gesture itself is important), dinner with the captain etc...

Many colleagues that used to work as a shop attendants for RCCL, Princess, NCL are saying MSC is the worst place they have been, maybe slightly better then Costa but still way behind any other company. The money on MSC could be 200eur plus compared to the other companies, but could be if u are on a ship that is making some money.

Crew parties on MSC are made only if the bar department is having a bad cruise and the company need some extra money from the crew or recently once in every 2/3 weeks.
The crew bar is closed earlier in order that the crew buy more expensive drinks in the bar dedicated for the crew party but located in the passenger area.

If i get the chance to choose between MSC and Princess, my choice will be Princess for many reasons.
The Italian companies, especially family owned doesn't care about the things at all, every manager, supervisor, officer is making their own rules on the way most of the times ignoring the standard procedure manual.
The companies such as Princess, RCCL are way further with the standards compared with MSC.
I don't like Greeks but one greek housekeeping manager that has more the 25 years experience onboard cruise ships (Princess, Royal just name it..) said "MSC doesn't know how to work with the people" and although i don't like Greeks, unfortunately, he was right.
For start, MSC could be a good choice, but as the time goes by i will leave the other people to say their opinion  :pilot:

Offline layla

• Cruise Ship Veteran
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 31/January/2014 »
@zokidac

thank you  for your answer..  :plovim:

Offline renii

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01/February/2014 »
to sve stoji sto si rekao, ja sam dosla s Carnivala koji ne moze da se usporedi s Msc, ali ja sam kad tamo zaradivala u prosjeku 1500 $ dok tu na Msc operi zaradujem duplo vise, ja sam na Msc Operi radimo 3 dana i pet dana kruzeve, portovi ako ih ima su uzasni  ali ni s ta 2,5 % sto nam daju ne mozemo da se zalimo,  ka bi mogla da uzmem placu s Msc definitivno bi se vratila na Carnival  :) ne znam fdali sam u pravu ali negdje sam procitala da placa na princessu je fiksna i zavisi od nekog levela koliko si ugovora napravio  :hmm:

Offline layla

• Cruise Ship Veteran
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 01/February/2014 »
e znam fdali sam u pravu ali negdje sam procitala da placa na princessu je fiksna i zavisi od nekog levela koliko si ugovora napravio  :hmm:

nije nije fixna plus procenat  :money:

Offline flyaway

• Cruise Ship Veteran
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 02/February/2014 »
ali ja sam kad tamo zaradivala u prosjeku 1500 $ dok tu na Msc operi zaradujem duplo vise, ja sam na Msc Operi radimo 3 dana i pet dana kruzeve, portovi ako ih ima su uzasni  ali ni s ta 2,5 % sto nam daju ne mozemo da se zalimo,  ka bi mogla da uzmem placu s Msc definitivno bi se vratila na Carnival  :) ne znam fdali sam u pravu ali negdje sam procitala da placa na princessu je fiksna i zavisi od nekog levela koliko si ugovora napravio  :hmm:

i can get u a payslip from MSC Opera for the month of January my dear its not more then  USD 1600/1700. There is a takeover there now, new manager onboard. Since the South African season started from November there isnt a payslip more then USD 1800  b00/

Offline renii

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 03/February/2014 »
kopiracu ti svoju placu s msc od pocetka kad sam dosla od novembra s crossing uzeli smo 2278 $  poslacu ne znam odakle si uzeo te informacije da cristian i njegova djevojka su otisli na nasu radost :clapping:

Offline flyaway

• Cruise Ship Veteran
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 03/February/2014 »
kopiracu ti svoju placu s msc od pocetka kad sam dosla od novembra s crossing uzeli smo 2278 $  poslacu ne znam odakle si uzeo te informacije da cristian i njegova djevojka su otisli na nasu radost :clapping:

well how is it on Fantasia :)

i asked in the office what is gonna hapen if someone makes a transfer like u did and what about the money that the first ship keep for travel costs and this is what they said:
" when someone makes a transfer like u did, the money kept a side for a flght ticket on the ship where u are coming from (+400 USD) are given back with the first salary on the transfered ship :) ."
u can not see the added money for flight ticket taken from u before on the payslip on the new ship, only the total amount.

during the crossing 17/18 days the commission was around EUR 180/190   :facepalm:

So A*** :) the payslip u have has the added money that MSC took from u on Lirica in case u go home earlier. one person thay writes all the commisions for each cruise and he is still there said he wants to bet with u about  the total amount(salary + commision) for the month u are mentioning. And yes the manager u mentioned is going home in a week time. Please dont mention names. Pozdrav

Offline ann

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 18/May/2014 »
Evo da podjelim svoju Msc pricu koja doduse nije trajala dugo, prijavila sam se online preko adrese da foruma, hvala ljudi na toj adresi ko god da je postavio, i dobila posao ukrcala se tamo negdje pocetkom septembra, nisam se zadrzala dugo, jednostavno raditi na Msc-u u Shop je nocna mora, pocevsi od menadzera koji su vecinom Rumuni zesci i***ti, ja ne bi preporucila nikom da ide na Msc kao Shop Seller mislim ako imate izbor, ne znam kako je na Princessu u Shopu al nesto sumnjam da moze biti gore od ovog, sto se tice place koliko se sjecam bila je 700 $ + komisija, ukupno bila je oko 1400€ ali kako cujem od prijatelja dobila sam jedan od boljih brodova, na ostalim pare su katastrofa  :nono: